The Check-in process is fully optimized! Please fill out our online form to pre-register your items. We hope this helps you fly through initial check-in with ease!
Achievements! Every attendee is scanned in and out of the LAN room—earn MPoints for achievements like: who stays in the room the longest, and who enters the room with the same people the most. More information at-event. (Psst, we're probably doing it live.)
Our single LAN Theater is the size of last year's theaters combined. Enter it from within the LAN room—all spectators must pass through the main security checkpoint.
VR is now under the operation of the Simulations department. Combined with aisle adjustments, capacity increases to over 500 total seats.
This year we return to the Maryland Ballroom. There is one entrance and one exit which optimizes our ability to make sure your equipment stays put. We continue to use BarcodeSystem for your items' security. However, MAGFest is NOT RESPONSIBLE and accepts NO LIABILITY for ANY attendee equipment. Please keep this in mind while attending MAGFest LAN and secure your personal belongings appropriately!
We expect high demand for seats again, so arrive early to claim your spot!
GENERAL RULES OF THE LAN ROOM
- Please follow all LAN staff instructions. This ensures a smooth experience for everyone.
- Please try and keep your setup contained—we don't want to have to ask people to remove items as the room WILL be at capacity.
- Bring up to one monitor, 36 inches or smaller.
- Bring headphones, not speakers.
- Bring an ethernet cable 20 feet long or longer. We have a LIMITED STOCK of NEW ethernet cables for $5 each.
- Leave networking equipment at home. We have plenty of ports.
- Bring a power strip. You must only plug your power strip into the one we provide your table. DO NOT DAISY-CHAIN MULTIPLE POWERSTRIPS.
- Enter and exit only through the checkpoint. Other doors are alarmed.
- Sleep in your hotel room. Keyboard napping OK; sleeping bags NOT OK.
- Vape outdoors.
- Please adhere to the MAGFest Code of Conduct as well as the posted notices in the LAN room as far as conduct and network use go.
There are 15 tournaments this year. Along with our events on the main MAGFest schedule, we have a selection of ad-hoc events running in the background. You can find all of the info on our tournaments on Reddit.
Our LAN Theater redesign increases quality and provides additional space for organizing tournaments. The entrance is in the front of the LAN room, and is the ideal place to watch many of our great LAN events. We plan to livestream with color commentary, so come see the best gamers competing to be #1! We increased the size of the room, so be sure to come by and support competitive PC gaming. Remember to tell your friends to come as well—they might get to the chance to cheer you on!
There is also some late night content in the LAN Theater, so keep an eye out for that. Stop by and check out what's planned!
Why follow us? We’re hoping to hold online tournaments for fun and prizes, and our various online accounts are also great places to ask questions, meet your fellow gamers, and stay informed.
MAGFest LAN is always looking for new staffers and volunteers to help us run the PC Gaming areas. Got experience in commentating live games? Want to help set up the network prior to the event starting? Want to run a few tournaments? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us on Discord, and tell us you’d like to help out!
We are in need of casters for various tournaments at MAGFest 2018 - please e-mail us with a link to a VoD/YouTube video of you casting if you are interested.