MAGES - Music and Gaming Education Symposium
We are MAGFest-ers with a taste for the serious and the innovative. MAGES panels and events focus on the intricacies of game design, the relationships between game and gamer, and the culture that emerges from this relationship. We seek to bring an interdisciplinary approach to our analysis of what games are in society, and what they can do including and beyond entertainment. In addition to the scheduled panels in the MAGES lineup, we also provide an area dedicated to spontaneous debate and discussion called "the Forum". We value discourse, and our panels are typically structured to represent views from academia, established industry, indie developers, cultural commentators, and an engaged and informed audience.
Here are some examples of previous topics we've discussed
- The Reality of Virtual Reality
- Ethics in Video Games
- Politics in Gaming
- Games as a Narrative Medium
- Serious Gaming
- Game Controller and Interface Efficiency
- Hostility and Friendship in Game Culture
- Gender, Minority, and LGBT representation in Gaming
- Game Theory in Video Games
- The Tenants of Good Level Design
- How to build a realistic Game Economy
- and more!