MAGFest, Inc. reserves the right to change this Policy. Please see the section entitled “Changes to this Policy” below. This Policy applies to all of the Services.
MAGFest recognizes that numerous countries across the world have established strict protections regarding the handling of Personal Data, including requirements to provide adequate protection for Personal Data transferred outside of country borders. Protection of Personal Data is important to MAGFest as we know it is important to you. That is why we are outlining, for you, the protections and policies we have put in place to protect your Personal Data.
Use of Collected Information
Sharing Collected Information
Rights with Respect to Your Data
Third Party Services
Changes to This Policy
1. Information Collected
Information That You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us directly through the Services, such as when you register for an event, sign up for our Newsletter mailing list, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us (e.g., via customer service).
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally such as Personal Data. Some examples of Personal Data we collect include:
• Contact data, including your first and last name, phone number, and email address
• Emergency contact information and information about your interests at the events
• Demographic data, including your date of birth, and location
• Data about your registration such as t-shirt size or desire for swag
• Content of the messages you send us, including feedback, questions about our Services, and information related to your registration and your attendance at events
• Resume data, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, references, and other data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application with us
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Services that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. Examples of information we collect include service use data (such as web pages viewed while visiting our Website, links clicked, and length of time spent on our Services) and configuration data (such as the type of device or browser you use, and your device’s regional and language settings).
We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website and to understand more about the demographics of our users. In gathering this information we are able to enhance your experience when visiting our Website.
We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, file information and similar technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
• Cookies. A cookie is a small data file stored on your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser.
2. Use of Collected Information
MAGFest uses Personal Data primarily to verify and maintain your registration for our events. Sometimes, we may use Personal Data to help us improve our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to maintain, and provide you with optimized features and functionality of the Website. We also use information to communicate directly with you, such as to send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., change or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices) and respond to your comments, questions, and requests. We also use Personal Data, to prevent and address fraud, breaches of policies or terms, and threats or harm, to assist with Service development efforts, address accessibility concerns, to respond to mandated legal notices, to consider you for a job, and for internal analytics purposes. We also use information to develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about offers, events, and happenings within MAGFest if you opt-in to receive our emails.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
3. Sharing Collected Information
We share your information as follows:
• With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying advertisement opportunities, providing mailing services, providing financial services and credit card processing, web hosting, or providing analytic services. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes;
• With our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you hotel and other accommodations for our events;
• When you post content to any public area of our externally facing platforms, including social media pages or Discord, this information may be visible to the public and we may publish this information on our social media pages along with some of your information such as your first name, last initial, and state of residence;
• With other parties in connection with a potential or actual company transaction, such as a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
• For any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We do not rent or sell any Personal Data or Service usage data to third parties ever.
4. Rights with Respect to Your Data
Modifying or Deleting your Account Information
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, correcting, or deleting information you have provided to us through your account, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly using our contact form located here: https://super.magfest.org/contact. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances. Data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in the section entitled “Your European Privacy Rights” below.
Tracking Technology Choices
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by visiting https://super.magfest.org/contact. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of non-promotional service-related communications (e.g., registration confirmation, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices).
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Services. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Services. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right(s) you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
5. International Transfer
6. Childrens’ Privacy
Our Services are not intended to be used by children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from children as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If the information was collected pursuant to registration for an event, the information will be purged from MAGFest systems as part of the regular data purges as set out in our internal data handling procedures.
7. Third Party Services
We take the security of your information extremely seriously and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. Although we strive to protect all information collected through the Services, we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected and/or transmitted through the Services at all times in perpetuity. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
9. Changes to This Policy
10. Contact Us
By email: https://super.magfest.org/contact
By mail: MAGFest Inc, P.O. Box 4705 Baltimore MD 21211; Attn: Legal Department
Last modified: 09/09/2019